CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April 26, 2008

Ballet Magnificat!

Hey Guys!


Sorry! It has been a while! But the reason I haven't written in so long is not because I didn't have time (even though I have been really busy) it is because there was something wrong with my blog. I could look at it but whenever I tried to sign in, it would say "this account does not exist". I couldn't even leave comments on other people's blogs. There was something wrong with my account! But last night, my mom totaly reset my blog so know it works fine!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!

Well, now that I can finaly post again, I have lots to tell you about!! Last week a professional ballet company, Ballet Magnificat came to our dance studio! And the dancers had to stay at people's houses. And two of them stayed at my house!!!!! There names were Ivy and Erin. Ivy was one of the dancers, and she slept in my bed!!! Erin was the director of the tour, and she stayed on our pullout couch! They arrived at our house last Monday, and on Tuesday they taught class for us, and we did Creative Worship!!! Also, on Wednesday there was a preformance at Westwinds Church! We danced the first part of the show, and the Ballet Magnificat dancers (there is about 12 in all) did a ballet for us! It was called the Hiding Place. It was really good. 

The true story took place during WWII and was about a girl named Corrie whose friend's were Jewish. When Nazi's try to take all the Jews to concentration camps, Corrie and her sister try to help their friends by setting up a hiding place for them in their house. Then one day the Nazi's barge into their house and find the Jews that Corrie and her sister had been hiding. The Nazi's then take all of them to a concentration camp. While they were there they had to work and were abused by the soldiers. Then one day, the Nazi's come and take Corrie's sister away and kill her. The war finally ends and they all get to go home. Corrie becomes a famous speaker and she went to an international peace confrence. (All this happens years after the war is over) While Corrie is there, she sees the Nazi soldier that is responsible for her sister's death. Corrie is really mad at this soldier but with the help and power from Jesus Christ, she is able to forgive and move on.

It was a wonderful show and my friends Ashley and Sam came to watch! I had so much fun with Ivy and Erin at my house!!!!! They are such sweet girls! I am so glad that they could come!!!!!!!! I've got to go! Peace and Love always,

Allie :-)

2 comments:

Morlock said...

Great dancing! It was fun having the girls! Loved your dance! Love, Mom

Taylor said...

Hey Allie, that sounds like you had a great time! I'm so glad! You are so so lucky that those two girls got to come and stay at your house!!! Love ya.... see ya tomorrow!!!