Hey Bloggers!!!
As you all know, my dance recital was this past weekend. And everything was going great until the Sunday show! All throughout the Sunday show, we were having technical problems, and things weren't going very smoothly. The lights even flickered a couple of times in the dressing room, but nothing ever happened on stage. Then it happened. We were in the middle of a terrible storm, and the power all of a sudden goes out. It was in the middle of a dance, and everything goes pitch black! The music stopped, our video lost feed, and the backstage headset wasn't working. And, we couldn't get a hold of the people in the tech booth, so we basically had no idea what was going on. It was about ten seconds, then the emergency lights came on in the auditorium and people started saying "Please evacuate to the lobby for safety. Don't Panic!" Then we all started freaking out!!! I was backstage getting ready for my next dance, when all of this happened. (And there are no backup lights backstage like there are in the audience, so everything remained pitch black) People were holding up cell phones, trying to have some light, and looking for service to call people. Then everybody was asked to leave the building because the backup lights were slowly losing power, and when they did, everywhere we be pitch black. Not just the stage or in the dressing room, but everywhere would be dark. So everyone was scrambling to get their things and leave as soon as possible. I eventually found my mom, dad, and aunt in all the chaos and we left as soon as we could. My mom said to me, "Go back to the dressing room, and grab your things that are important. It is too dark to find any of your costumes or shoes, just grab the important things." So I felt around in the dark until I found my stuffed giraffe Laughy, my camera, my t-shirt and my flip flops. I put on my shirt over my costume, took off my pointe shoes, and put on my flip flops, put my camera and my giraffe in my mom's purse and we ran as as fast as we could to the car. (It was pouring rain) We got home safely, I hope everybody else did too!!!!!!!
I couldn't believe that happened!! We didn't even lose power at my house!! In 12 years nothing like that has ever happened during a recital, and it decides to happen the night I invite all my friends and family, the night I buy the dvd of the show, and the night that I get to fill in for a girl that was graduating!! Can you believe it???????????!?!?!?! We were supposed to make up the 2nd act of our show tonight, but school was canceled today because it had no power still. I just hope everything will be OK tonight, so I can finally dance the company understudy part on stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace and Love always,
Allison :-)



4 comments:
Allison Mae you had a great weekend of dancing, minus the no power part. Be glad in what you were able to accomplish! I Love watching you dance, your natural smile is amazing from stage! I know you'll get another chance in the spotlight to dance like no one is watching - except you know we all are! Love you soooo much, Mom.
That is awful! I am so sorry that that happened to you all! I hope though well everything was going smoothly you had a fun and great time! I hope tonight goes well or whenever you make it up and I hope you had a great weekend other than that! Love you always, Taylor Rose!!!!
Hey Allison!
I'm so sorry that happened to you on the night that was supper dupper important to you! I was kind of disappointed because the story was just getting good!
You are an absolute AMAZING dancer and I'll be coming to LOTS of more shows!
Luv ya TONS!
-Ashley and TAFFY
that was pretty scary! and i was there! i freaking out because i had to watch my little cousin! she was more braver then me! well you did an amazing job strtten your stuff up there! especially when you were backing that boy up! you go girl! woo! lol! well allie i will cya tomorrow!
katie
Post a Comment