Hey bloggers!
Well, I'm still in the hospital, but doing much better! This morning I had another CT scan so that the surgeons could see exactly where they need to go in my stomach to operate. I have to tell you guys the problem. The doctors have figured out what is truly and actually wrong, so here it is. They found out that my appendix were inflamed and they are also perforated (which basically my infected appendix have holes in them.). Well, those holes in my appendix were causing it to leak which is forming strange pockets of liquid in my tummy and lower abdomen that the doctors are calling puss bubbles. The plan is to read my CT scan and find out exactly how big the puss bubbles are and where they are. Then the surgeons are going to go in and stick a catheter (which is like a small straw) into the puss bubbles and drain them out. They said that after doing that most of my pain should go away, and that would solve the problem of the huge puss bubbles in my tummy. But that doesn't totally fix the problem, you see, my appendix still have tiny holes in them so a few weeks later, I am coming back to the hospital and they are actually going to take my appendix out. That is basically what is happening (I think. It is so hard to understand what is going on with all the fancy words and extreme medical things that the doctors use around here!).
On a happier note, my friends Brianna, Morgan, and Sam came to visit me last night! It was so much fun! I had been having a pretty bad day because last night I found out that my grandma had died, so to have my friends come and visit me really cheered me up! Also being in the hospital is like Christmas! I am showered with stuffed animals, flowers, cards, balloons, and every other little thing that people could imagine to send a sick ballerina in the hospital! If you are reading this and you have sent me a gift, thank you so much for you thoughtfulness! Also I switched hospital rooms! I am now in my own private room, and Mercedes has gone home feeling much better. It is really cool having a room to myself now, but there is a downside, the bathroom in really tiny! Since it is for only one person, I guess the builders of the hospital thought that one person wouldn't need that much space, but they were wrong! I can barely stand in the bathroom with my IV and the door closed and not run into anything! But I am managing with the small bathroom. I mean, I would rather have a tiny bathroom then a really obnoxious roommate.
Also yesterday I got a new IV. My old one was in my right arm (I'm right-handed) right in the bend of my elbow, so if I bent my arm a little bit the machine would go crazy and start beeping at me! Also another reason that my nurse switched my IV is because it was leaking! When you look down and realize that there is medicine and blood coming out of your IV and leaking onto your bed, that usually means that you have a problem! Turns out that we did have a problem, and that my IV had slid out of my arm. So we called the nurse and she moved my IV to a new location on my arm so that now I can bend my arm and the machine doesn't go crazy!
Thanks for taking the time to read all about me in the hospital, I will type more later and keep you guys updated so that you now when I get to come home! Toodles!
Love, Allison :-)
November 15, 2007
Hospital Update!
Posted by Morlock at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hey Allie,
It's me... sorry I didn't comment again last night... it was one CRAZY night. I hope that you are doing good. I just wanted to let you know that my blog address is http://www.western23.blogspot.com Hope that you can check it out. I posted something about you. Hope you are less bored today and you are keeping busy. I will talk to you later tonight.. I have to go babysitting! Love you so so much and miss you so so much!!! Toodles!
Hey Allison,
Oh my goodness, I was so worried! When you were out of school for so long I knew something was very wrong! I was so worried and I just found out what happened! Sorry I haven't been able to contact you yet, nobody tells me anything! I hope you feel better, and I can't believe you rode an a ambulance. When you come back, you have to spill it all. I want to know every detail. I'm praying for you, luv ya!
- Twix
aka
Alyssa T :-)
Allie,
It was nice to see you last night. I hope we didn't wear you out too much! The girls were happy to see that you were doing well.
Get well soon and call Brianna when you get home. She would love to come down to your house and "Hang Out".
Mrs. Meyers
Post a Comment