Hey Everyone!
In my entry that I made yesterday, Happy (late) Halloween, I forgot to tell you about an amazing thing that happened to me and my friends last week! It was when the Young Americans came to my school!
For those of you that don't know who the Young Americans are, I will tell you. They are a group of about 200 people (but only about 40 people came to my school), who travel around the world preforming. They sing, dance, and act. The Young Americans do almost everything from ballet to hip hop, from jazz to lyrical, and everything else in between! They also sing lots of different genres of songs, some even in other languages! Do you get the picture? Anyway, The Young Americans came to my school and put on a workshop. They taught us lots of amazing things, like a really cool hip hop dance, a song in German, and lots lots more! First they split us up into different groups based on your grade. Then right off the bat, they started teaching us dances and songs. You see, the convention was only 2 days long, 3:00 to 9:00 on Thursday and 8:00 to 8:00 on Friday, and we had a lot of work to do in that short amount of time! On Saturday we showed up for dress rehearsal, and then it was the show and that was it! So we started working really hard right away to make sure that our performance would be extra fabulous!
Let me just tell you everything that we learned! O.K., we first learned Stomp, which was the first dance, or opener, to our show. Next we learned different songs, one in German, On called O Flower Of Scotland, and the last one was Country Roads. After that each age group learned a different dance and my age group learned a song and dance from Susical. The dance was really easy and so were the words to the song. It was about what you think about when you think about Dr. Seuss. And during the song three different people read parts from famous Dr. Seuss books, and I was one of those readers! I read from the book that says "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish....." One of the Young Americans helped me by telling me what tone I should use when I read the book, the facial expressions I should make, and things like that. Her name was Mimi. After that, we did a song called Be A Clown, and everyone voted who they thought the funniest person at the workshop was. The person who got the most votes got a pie in their face! It was so funny! Next we did a piece called Decades and it was sort of like a flash from the past because every age group did a dance from a different time in history! All the girls in the age group I was in, (The B's) did a dance from the 40's. It was called Tooty-Fruity, and it was so cool! After Decades we did a hip hop dance which was very awesome. Then next we did a famous composer medley, were all of us sang little bits of songs by famous composers. Then was the finale, and it was High School Musical 2, All For One! And that was the whole entire show that my friends and I preformed with the Young Americans! Actually, The Young Americans did the first act of the show all by themselves, but is act two, we did all the stuff I just told you about!
Wow! That took a long time to tell you about The Young Americans, but I hope you thought it sounded as cool as I thought it was! Thanks for taking the time to read about it!
Toodles!
Love, Allison :-)
November 3, 2007
The Young Americans
Posted by Morlock at 3:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
ahh! The Young Americans was so much fun! thanks again for the pictures! i love them! tooty fruity! :)
Post a Comment