CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

December 20, 2007

Nutcraker and Kenny G

Hey Y'all!

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, I've been really busy! I have so much to tell you about!

Let me start with The Nutcracker, which was last weekend. Everyone did fabulous! The show on Saturday night was a little shaky (a few people missed their cues, some people couldn't find their costumes, and one girl even missed a dance!) but on Sunday, I think that over all the show went better and moved along more smoothly. That is usually what happens, the first show we do is OK, almost like a rehearsal, but our last show is always wonderful! On Saturday, I did party scene, Act 2 opening, Waltz of the Flowers, and Finale. But on Sunday, my friend Amy did the dance Waltz of the Flowers instead of me.

Last night my grandma, dad, and I went to a Kenny G concert! (For those of you that do not know who Kenny G is, he is a saxophone player that plays with a band and tours around the world!) Guess What?! I got his autograph and he winked at me during the show! Also during the show, he held the same note on his saxophone for over 4 minutes! But he showed us how he did it, he was actually breathing through his nose and blowing out his mouth at the same time. Kenny G holds the world record for longest note ever held! The concert was really great! My mom was supposed to come with us, but she got sick yesterday and ended up not being able to go. Please pray for her.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS TRYING OUT FOR THE BASKETBALL TEAM! Lots of my friends are trying out for the 7th grade girls basketball team today and tomorrow, and I wanted to wish them good luck! I LOVE YOU GUYS! :-)

I am getting so excited, Christmas break starts in one day! YEAH! I am really glad to off school for a few weeks! And for those of you that didn't know, I am going to have surgery on December 26 to get my appendix out. I hope that everything goes smoothly, and I have been praying for God to help the surgeons while they are operating.

I G2G, Peace and Love,

Allison :-)

0 comments: